Older insurance companies such as Mutual of Omaha are a fantastic choice. Mutual of Omaha has many affiliates, including United World Life, United of Omaha and Omaha Insurance Company. This cluster of companies is, nationwide, among the top leaders in health, dental, and life insurance as well as Medicare insurance.
As mentioned above, Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plans are available in several states. This company offers a variety of Medigap plans, including the popular Plan F and Plan G.
If you enroll in a Mutual of Omaha supplement plan, you will receive the same basic benefits that any Medigap plan offers:
- Up to 12% household discounts (this varies from state to state)
- No application fee
- Nationwide coverage- you can see any provider in the U.S. that accepts Medicare
- Guaranteed Renewable – you cannot be cancelled for health conditions or medical usage
- Rapid policy issue
- Electronic delivery of temporary ID card if needed
- Free look period of 30 days—you can rest assured, knowing you have a full month to change your mind about your purchase
Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan F
This plan continues to be an extremely popular choice among enrollees. To be sure, this plan offers a great deal; it’s currently the most comprehensive package available. However, it’s also the most expensive premium. When you purchase a Mutual of Omaha Supplement Plan F, it will offer the same benefits as any other Plan F. It’s exactly the same no matter what company offers the plan. Plan F will cover your hospital as well as outpatient deductibles. Furthermore, it will cover your coinsurance for services covered by Medicare. Plan F also permits you to see any doctor that accepts Medicare. However, this plan is due to disappear as of 2020, so if Plan F is best matched to your needs, be sure to take advantage of this option while you still can.
Key components of Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan F:
- Higher premium than other supplement plans
- More comprehensive coverage
- Picks up where original Medicare leaves off (Part B deductible)
- See any doctor that participates in Medicare
Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan G
The Mutual of Omaha Supplement Plan G has become an increasingly popular option. With this plan, you pay the Part B deductible, but as a result you will have lower monthly premiums. Additionally, Mutual of Omaha Supplement Plan G generally has lower rate increases than Plan F. As Plan F is slated to disappear in the coming years, Plan G is an excellent choice for many enrollees. There are many similarities between the two plans; the only difference is Part B deductible is not covered on Plan G.
Key components of Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan G:
- Similar to Plan F
- Lower monthly premiums than some other supplement plans
- You agree to pay the Part B deductible
- On average, lower rate increase than Plan F
Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan N
Plan N is a good choice for those who are on a more restrictive budget but who still want flexible Medigap coverage. With this plan, you agree to cover some copays, and as a trade-off, you get a lower premium. Cost-sharing under Plan N is the $183 Part B deductible and copays of up to $20 for doctor visits. Additionally, you cover the copay of up to $50 for E.R. visits (if admitted, this copay is waived) as well as Part B excess charges. It’s a good idea to check with your doctor beforehand to learn if they charge any excess fees.
Key components of Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan G:
- Good option for those on a budget
- Cost-sharing on your part includes Part B deductible
- Cost-sharing also includes copays of up to $20 for doctor visits and $50 for E.R. visits (waived if admitted)
- Lower monthly premium as compared to Plan G or Plan F
EyeMed Vision Care from Mutual of Omaha Medicare
Another great perk of Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plans is the eligibility for a free vision care plan from EyeMed Vision Care. Included in this are $50 eye exams, fixed price discounts on lenses, and up to 40% off frames. Simply present your Mutual of Omaha insurance card at any EyeMed Vision Care providers. This includes such retail locations as Pearle Vision, JCPenney Optical, LensCrafters, and several others. Be sure to take advantage of this extra that Mutual of Omaha provides.
- Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement policyholders are eligible for a free vision care plan from EyeMed Vision Care.
- Participating locations: Pearle Vision, JCPenney, LensCrafters, and others
- Present your Mutual of Omaha insurance card at participating locations.
Mutual of Omaha Medicare Advantage Plans
Medicare Advantage Plans, sometimes referred to as “Medicare Part C” are offered by companies approved by Medicare. It covers everything Medicare Part A and Part B covers, except hospice care, and may include such benefits as coverage for prescription drugs, as well as dental, and vision.
Does Mutual of Omaha offer Medicare Advantage Plans? Currently, no, they do not. However, as of 2019, Mutual of Omaha will offer Advantage plans in cooperation with Lumeris, Inc. Lumeris, which is a company based out of St. Louis, will assist Mutual of Omaha in arranging provider networks as well as help manage plans.
As Medicare Advantage plan enrollment has become more and more common, it is a logical choice for companies such as Mutual of Omaha to provide it as an option. Be sure to check back for more information on Mutual of Omaha Medicare Advantage Plans in autumn of 2018.
Mutual of Omaha Medicare Advantage Plans:
- Often covers prescription medications, dental, and vision
- Covers everything Medicare Part A and Part B covers, with the exception of hospice care
- Will be available for enrollees from Mutual of Omaha as of 2019
- Check back for more information on Advantage plans fall of 2018.
Overall Review for Mutual of Omaha Supplement Plans
It is easy to recommend Mutual of Omaha as a carrier for Medigap insurance plans. The company is trustworthy, long-standing, and family-oriented. Furthermore, they offer competitive as well as fairly stable rates, and score high when it comes to market experience.
Mutual of Omaha Supplement:
- Decent rate stability
- Competitive rates
- Family-oriented company
- Impressive market experience
- Electronic application available
Get Quotes for Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplements
Are you interested in a Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement Plan? Contact our agents today for a free quote. We can answer any additional questions you may have about supplement plans and help you choose a plan that works best for you.